Friday, April 1, 2016

"A Feast of Color" Home & Garden Expo (AKA: "Weekend Eyecandy")



Hello everyone and happy spring!  I am beside myself with delight at seeing all of the gorgeous colors outside!  It seems like every time I leave the house, something new has bloomed or new green shoots have sprung from the ground.  The trees are bursting with color, and the first blooms of the season are well underway.  While my crocuses have disappeared, the daffodils are still going strong and some of the tulips are starting to bloom.  

With the arrival of the warmer temperatures, we've been busy moving forward on the preparation of our raised vegetable bed!  I am currently in the process of drafting a series of posts related to that, so I won't say too much about it now... but I promise, it's coming soon!!

In the meantime, to tide you over until then, feast your eyes on these photos I took while attending a local home & garden expo! Have you ever SEEN such a display?  I felt like Alice in Wonderland. ;) 

I simply LOVE these hot pink tulips!  The color palette shown here is always a winner in my book.
I can't help myself; I adore pink. ;)


“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” 


Walking around, I was flooded with all kinds of ideas and inspiration for things to plant.  This particular garden center has the most extensive selection of flowers and vegetables I've ever seen.  While it tends to be more expensive than other places, I love to go here for inspiration and for things I can't find anywhere else.  The quality is always great, and more often than not I end up coming home with something new.  Not only are the sights and smells complimentary, but the staff is very knowledgable and there are almost always free educational workshops and activities for kids and adults alike.  If you're a beginner gardener, these kinds of places can be a good resource [if a little dangerous for the wallet. ;) ]





“I must have flowers, always, and always.” 









Look at all those baby vegetables!  Speaking of baby vegetables, here's an update on my seedlings.  The beans sprouts, in particular, have grown a LOT, and quickly.  Check it out!
This is Not a photo from the expo, in case you couldn't tell. (haha) ;)

Literally, these little guys quadrupled in size in just a few days' time.  If I'm being critical, I notice that they appear a bit "leggy," which indicates they're technically not getting enough sun.  This doesn't surprise me, though, as I mentioned before I don't have the best indoor growing conditions.  But the good news is, they'll be in the ground outside soon enough so we'll see how they do then!

Thanks for reading!  Enjoy your weekend and spend some time outside if you can!

Adios, amigos!


-Sarah










No comments:

Post a Comment